[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Firewall question
 Date:  Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:05:28 -0500
Can anyone explain why I get the following entries in my firewall log when I
clearly have a rule that allows all outbound traffic from my LAN interface?
I see it from time to time, and don't really understand it because I guess I
don't understand all the codes at the end of the line.

 12:00:23.058836 2x rl0 @200:33 p 192.168.2.199,5061 -> 12.144.47.27,5060 PR
udp len 20 301 K-S K-F IN

The below log entry shows the firewall blocking a packet going through a VPN
tunnel which I also don't understand since I have no control over the VPN
rules, nor do I have any block rules for the VPN lans.  I'm hoping the rules
for the VPN allows all traffic through the tunnel, but the below log entry
clearly shows a packet being blocked.

 12:00:19.723053 rl0 @100:2 p 192.168.2.4,1268 -> 192.168.4.2,524 PR tcp len
20 40 -A K-S K-F IN

Thanks for any insite.