[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Firewall question
 Date:  Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:06:44 -0700
At 10:05 AM 11/14/2003, Christopher M. Iarocci wrote:
>I see it from time to time, and don't really understand it because I guess I
>don't understand all the codes at the end of the line.

"man 8 ipmon"  "man 5 ipf"

The "codes" appear if the packet is TCP, and represent the contents of the
IP flags byte and the filter's state keeping.

>I'm hoping the rules for the VPN allows all traffic through the tunnel,
>but the below log entry clearly shows a packet being blocked.
>12:00:19.723053 rl0 @100:2 p 192.168.2.4,1268 -> 192.168.4.2,524 PR tcp len
>20 40 -A K-S K-F IN

Nope.  This part [@100:2 p] says that rule two in group 100 passed the packet.

It is a TCP packet that has the ACK flag set, and the firewall is keeping
state and tracking fragments.

>Thanks for any insite.
                 ^^^^^^
                 insight