[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Bryan Kohlstedt <kohlstedt at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PIX vs m0n0wall testing -- requesting input (was: Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Re: Re: to Wrap or to Soekris that is my question? What about VIA?)
 Date:  Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:51:09 -0500
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:45:38 -0600, Bryan Kohlstedt <kohlstedt at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Anyone have a price list on the products (USD) from Iwill? The G304
> looks nice.

Go to newegg.com and/or pricewatch.com and search for iwill.

> I've been looking for a good rackmount m0n0wall solution.
> Most of my clients don't need more throughput than a wrap or 4801
> could provide. However, a lot of them have equipment racks and they
> want (some of them I was surprised they care at all) something that
> can be rackmounted instead of just having the box sit on top of
> something else.

I've seen many, many alternatives to Soekris and WRAP, but nothing
cheaper, and nothing rack mountable that was less than double what
either of those costs.  I bet if you asked the clients that would like
rack mountable gear if they would be willing to pay 2-3+ times as
much, they'd probably stop caring pretty quickly.  :)

Soekris has some new boards slated to come out with 1U cases available
according to their website.  No timeline stated.

You could hack together a rack mountable case for Soekris or WRAP if
you have some scrap metal and can weld.  Or if you have some gear in
rackmountable enclosures that's dead, you could get creative and fit
the board into that case.

-Chris