[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <hilton at quarkit dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Dell 2450
 Date:  Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:08:51 +1000
Hi Chris,

Onboard SCSI is what will be used.  The PERC cards are PCI cards, mainly
used for additional storage (internal or external).  (For those who are
interested...)

> > It will be a P-III 800 with 128MB RAM (at least) and 2 * 10/100 NICs
> > (one onboard in the ServerWorks board - Broadcom from memory).
>
> I don't recall what the onboard NIC's are in the 2450's, but I know
> they are supported.
>
> (I say this from past FreeBSD 4 experience, not specifically with
> m0n0wall, though there shouldn't be any difference)

OK.  Well, as I said, these boxes are aboot to be made redundant, so
I'll have a look after they are taken out of service.  We'll use a
temporary m0n0wall until the box is downed, and then have a backup in
case the 2450 fails to work for some raison.

I'm sitting here grinning madly at the thought of using one of the Dell
4300 boxes as a m0n0wall - they are a nice 7RU box.  :)

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                          Phone: +61 (0)7 3344 3889