[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jason Humes <jhumes at acs dot on dot ca>
 To:  'alex wetmore' <alex at phred dot org>, "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PIX vs m0n0wall testing --Speed test results on De ll!
 Date:  Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:38:35 -0500
Hi
I've done some testing of the m0n0wall on a Dell 3.2Ghz with 512MB RAM and
here are my results (not too impressive, maybe some memory buffer tuning is
in order?)

ONE DIRECTION TRAFFIC

64 byte frames - 1.5Mb/s
128 byte frames - 3Mb/s
256 byte frames - 5Mb/s
512 byte frames - 9Mb/s
1024 byte frames - 17Mb/s
1280 byte frames - 24Mb/s
1518 byte frames - 33Mb/s

During these tests authentication (Captive portal) was tested and there were
no delays found.  Also, the CPU load of the server never went above 25%
utilization.  Note that any data rates above those listed would result in
high loss of packets through the unit.  The devices used to test (Flukes)
were tested back to back and could do 98.2Mb/s full duplex with no loss, so
its not the testing units either.  Thanks....any ideas on how to get this to
perform better.  Thanks.

Jason