[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bryan Kohlstedt <kohlstedt at gmail dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PIX vs m0n0wall testing -- requesting input (was: Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Re: Re: to Wrap or to Soekris that is my question? What about VIA?)
 Date:  Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:24:44 -0600
I believe the Soekris site originally stated 2004 for the rackmount
cases as well as the ULV Intel processor board, both of which I was
very interested in. I notice now that they've changed the timeline to
2004-2005.

I don't know how to weld and I hacking up a case myself won't work well for me.

I just wish there was a rackmount case available for the wrap board. I
would expect to pay $40 or so more for it but it'd be worth it.

A couple of my client have already had bad experiences with their SBC
DSL modem/router being knocked off of it's purch and causing problems.
Others just see it as a potential problem. These aren't secure data
centers or anything. Usually, they're just in the filing room etc so
people are still around them. Getting and enclosed rackmount enclosure
isn't cheap either.

Oh well, I'll keep an eye out. Otherwise, I'll let them choose if they
want to spend a lot more on a box from say Nexcom that goes for around
$700+. They have a $450 1u solution but it uses realtek nics. :)

Bryan