[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Travis Dixon <travisd at tubas dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PIX vs m0n0wall testing -- requesting input (was: Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Re: Re: to Wrap or to Soekris that is my question? What about VIA?)
 Date:  Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:40:36 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Bryan Kohlstedt wrote:

> I believe the Soekris site originally stated 2004 for the rackmount
> cases as well as the ULV Intel processor board, both of which I was
> very interested in. I notice now that they've changed the timeline to
> 2004-2005.
>
> I don't know how to weld and I hacking up a case myself won't work well for me.
>
> I just wish there was a rackmount case available for the wrap board. I
> would expect to pay $40 or so more for it but it'd be worth it.

Just a suggestion on something to check out, no idea if it'll work
or not, but I've seen rackmount cases for the mini-itx formfactor boards.
Specifically, 1u cases that can hold 2 or even 4 of them. Overkill in this
case, but it might work.

> A couple of my client have already had bad experiences with their SBC
> DSL modem/router being knocked off of it's purch and causing problems.
> Others just see it as a potential problem. These aren't secure data
> centers or anything. Usually, they're just in the filing room etc so
> people are still around them. Getting and enclosed rackmount enclosure
> isn't cheap either.

If the cases have wall-mount tabs you might consider looking at that if
there's a piece if backboard available to mount things to.