[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Daniel L. Hunter" <dhunter at TechMethods dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Server NAT - What am I doing wrong???
 Date:  Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:29:59 -0500
I've been working on this all weekend and it's driving me nuts.  I've gone
through the archives and followed every string related to this but can't get
this to work.  Here's my setup:

DSL Router IP: 192.168.254.254
Laptop IP: 192.168.254.33
M0n0Wall WAN IP: 192.168.254.250
M0n0Wall LAN IP: 192.168.1.1
Web Server Behind m0n0wall: 192.168.1.3

All I want to do is to be able to access the web server from my laptop.  I
can access the internet from the web server machine.  I can access a web
site if I'm behind the firewall using 192.168.1.3.  So I know connectivity
is not a problem and the web server is working properly.

So I configured Server NAT like so:

External IP Address:  192.168.254.248

I then go into Inbound and configure it like this:

If: WAN
Proto: TCP
Ext. port range: 80(HTTP)
NAT IP: 192.168.1.3 (ext.: 192.168.254.248)
Int. port range: 80(HTTP)
Auto-add a firewall rule...: checked

So m0n0wall adds the following rule:

Proto:  TCP
Source: *
Port: *
Destination: 192.168.1.3
Port: 80(HTTP)

But I get nothing when I try to hit the web server from my laptop.  What am
I missing?

BTW, here's the corresponding record in the firewall log:

Act: X
Time: 22:29.46.634508
If: WAN
Source: 192.168.254.33, port 65303