[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall Feature Comparison
 Date:  Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:23:32 -0500
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:14:53 -0000, Chris Bagnall <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc> wrote:
> > I've made a pdf comparing M0n0wall to a Cisco 506e.  I wanted
> > to make sure that my comparison was accurate.  Any input
> > would be helpful.  It can be viewed here:
> > http://kimballequipment.com/mono/features.pdf  Any input
> > would be appreciated.
>
> Might I suggest it may be worth including some pricing comparisons?

Yes, including SmartNet annual costs, for a total hard cost of
ownership over 5 years.  (we could argue about soft costs to compute
the actual TCO until we're blue in the face and not get anything
definitive or probably even close to accurate)  Not sure what they are
on a 506, but my 515E is around $500 USD a year.

-Chris