[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall Feature Comparison
 Date:  Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:31:05 -0500
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:14:04 +0100, Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de> wrote:

> VPN Client included             no (available   yes
>                                 for license fee)

SmartNet isn't exactly without its fee, which is far greater than a
few IPsec clients will cost you.

> job of what it is designed for. Not more. VPN is a great deal IMHO,
> while the absence of many DNS features (DNS forwarder, DynDNS) sometimes
> confuses me (note: PIX is a security device and no feature monster).

I think the main complaints in the past were cost for what it does (at
least that's my main issue).  It does do its job well for what it
does, and if you need support, Cisco's has been top notch the couple
times I've had to use it.

-Chris