[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phill R Kenoyer <phill at bmg50 dot com>
 To:  'M0n0Wall' list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Traffic Shaper and bridging?
 Date:  Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:30:28 -0800
I have actually two questions.

1st.
Does m0n0wall's traffic shaper work on a bridged connection?

2nd.
Does m0n0wall's traffic shaper work to shape p2p file sharing
applications?

The problem I have is one person can bring down my whole network by
running a p2p application.  The p2p apps open 100's of connections at
the same time and use up every bit of bandwidth I have.

I have been looking for a way to block it, but I haven't turned up
anything yet.  All I can do is blackhole the IP address that it's
coming from.

It's so bad that even DHCP doesn't work to give people IP addresses.