[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  taharka <res00vl8 at alltel dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Firewall Problem with Telnet
 Date:  Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:43:36 -0500
Ernie Zingleman wrote:

> Chris and Others,
>
> Here are the 'lat 50 filter log' entries from a couple of days ago.  I
> had tried to post the entire status.php to the list but it was, of
> course, too big!
> I would appreciate your insight into what I might be doing wrong
> here.  I've flagged the Telnet entries with a ** a the beginning and
> end of the line.
> Is there possibly a mismatch in the filtering?  Should telnet traffic
> be originating on ports 3025 or 4109?

Doesn't matter what port the telnet traffic is originating on. Your
user's telnet client port address is allocated to the client dynamically
when it begins execution & the telnetd daemon running on your host
doesn't need to know the port number of the incoming telnet client
beforehand. BTW, netcraft.com says your site, zingleman.com is running
Linux Apache/2.0.51 (Fedora). Is the telnetd daemon running on that host
also?
<snip>

!!SEASONS GREETINGS!!

taharka