[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ernie Zingleman" <ks4q at zingleman dot com>
 To:  "taharka" <res00vl8 at alltel dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Firewall Problem with Telnet
 Date:  Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:07:21 -0500
Tahaka et al.

No, apache is running on a different host.  The telnet application that I'm
running is on a Win2K platform but it is not using a client built into the
OS; it is a third party program.

As far as the incoming port numbers, I thought it was weird in the setup of
m0n0wall in that I could not select "Any" for incoming ports.  It made me
select 'telnet' although perhaps any is what ends up in the actual rules.  I
was just wondering if ipfilter does not like incoming ports outside of a
certain range and that perhaps a wider range of port numbers is trying to
access my host than ipfilter is set up for...

Thanks, Ernie