[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  Ping Kwong <kwongp at midtown dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Reply-to of this list pisses me off!
 Date:  Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:38:38 -0700
Ping Kwong wrote:

>You mean kind of like how some people obfuscate their reply e-mail address
>hoping that they get less spam?  Don't you just hate trying to help people
>but you have to fix their e-mail address every time you do it?  Irritating,
>isn't it?

Personally, I don't go out of my way to help people who make it
difficult to help them.  I don't deobfuscate addresses, I don't help
people who don't quote or trim properly.  I don't jump through
challenge/response hoops, and I don't read HTML mail unless there is a
text/plain section too.

If there isn't enough information included I'll ask for it *once* (since
not everybody knows what information is relevant), but if I ask for logs
or give a specific suggestion and the person doesn't try it, I don't try
any further.

I don't have that luxury at $DAYJOB, but I spend 4-8 hours online when
I'm not working, the majority of which is spent in support groups for
products I use -- If I need help, I ask.  If I see a question I can
answer which hasn't been answered yet, I try to help.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

--
Hey, it's the female man.
 -- Bart Simpson