[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Lockups since upgrade to 1.2b3
 Date:  Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:34:25 -0700
Dave Warren wrote:

>I recently upgraded to 1.2b3 and switched from CDROM+Floppy to an IDE
>hard drive.  Since then between 1-2 times a day the m0n0wall firewall
>locks solid.

Quick update, I reimaged the hard drive (and wiped my config.xml and
started over from scratch), manually reconfigured everything except the
traffic shaper so far and I haven't had any lockups at all since the
rebuild.

I'm going to work on recreating my traffic shaper rules today (loosely
based on the magic shaper wizard, although I don't plan to use the
wizard this time) and see if that makes any difference.

--
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a while.
Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.