[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Patrick Hofmann <patrick at hofmann dot tk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  WRAP Freeze (with vpn1411) last try
 Date:  Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:40:15 +0100
Does this mailing list have problems with signed mails?

Hi all,
I just wanted to tell my findings about my annoying freezes I had with my
WRAP. The freezes were spontaneous and not dependend on the connections
(diection, interface). I first thought, it has to dowith the CPU usage,
because if I copied huge amounts of data (> 500MB) I was able to "force" the
freeze. But then, the freezes also hapened during normal hours. Then I also
tried to switch off the traffic shaper and removed more and more firewall
rules, but withoud luck.
I finally tried, what I thought should be the last thing to do. I removed my
Soekris VPN1411 Cryptocard.
That solved the problem. I have transferred several GB of data without any
problems under full CPU usage. I don't know if there's still a problem with
the driver. But I doupt that this is a hardware problem because a friend of
mine has the same configuration with the same problem.

I just wanted to let you know if you run into same stuff.

Patrick.