[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] WRAP Freeze (with vpn1411) last try
 Date:  Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:22:12 -0500
Patrick Hofmann wrote:
> Does this mailing list have problems with signed mails?

Not that I know of, several people sign their mail. I have noticed a
delay in receiving mail I have sent to the list, I assume it is being
monitored in a queue somewhere.

> I finally tried, what I thought should be the last thing to do. I
> removed my Soekris VPN1411 Cryptocard.

The cryptocard will only help you if you are doing encrypted IPSEC or
OpenVPN tunnel from your m0n0wall to another VPN concentrator
(m0n0wall or not). As you may know, the idea is to offload the
encryption to free-up the CPU. So if you don't need it, remove it...

Manuel had problems with freezing when he used the VPN1411 on his
net4501. Take a look at:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-performancespecifications.html maybe
the same issue?

I have a VPN1211 in my net4501, but I do not need it - not doing
tunnels to anywhere. I bought two 4501s and two 1211s to experiment
with setting up an IPSEC tunnel between m0n0walls. Once the
experimentation was done I never removed the card - too lazy to open
the case I guess. At least it does not cause any problems....

James W. McKeand