[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jean-Francois Theroux <jftheroux at privalodc dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPsec tunnels question
 Date:  Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:53:09 -0500
Hello,

	Maybe its the lack of sleep, or might just be that m0n0wall can't do
this. I'm not sure, so I turn to you all knowledgeable people for this.

	Say that you have your central office, which has obviously a static
public IP. It will be the main hub for several IPsec tunnels to remote
offices. Problem is, those remote offices don't have static IPs.

	When you configure a tunnel in m0n0wall, you don't have a choice, you
need to enter a static IP for the remote gateway. If I could enter a
FQDN, I could use a dyndns.org setup and it'd be fine. Which I can't, as
far as I can see.

	So, is there a workaround for this with m0n0wall? Or, sadly, will I
have to use a different solution. Don't talk about OpenVPN. This was
already rejected, client wants a IPsec solution, or takes his business
elsewhere.

Thanks,

--
Jean-Francois Theroux