[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Guhl <pgnews at siconline dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Need to get NetBEUI working over a PPTP tunnel (w2k <-> m0n0wall 1.11)
 Date:  Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:21:49 +0100
Probably somebody asked before (sorry ...)

Well, a customer wants to work from home during christmas holidays. We
have got a m0n0wall acting as PPTP-Server placing it's clients in the
same IP-range as the Server (samba). Unfortunately Windows 2000's VPN
client tells me that it can't bind NetBEUI to the VPN because it can't
negotiate the PPP control protocol (rough translation of the German
error message). The checkbox to use NetBIOS over TCP/IP doesn't exist in
the advanced configuration (WINS-tab) of the TCP/IP-Properties.

Of course the Server is not visible in the Network neighbourhood (not
really surprising after all...).

Do you know how I can make that work? What's faster - trying to make
NetBEUI work or switch to something like NFS?

Thanks for any help!

Peter