[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Rich <rrich at gstisecurity dot com>
 To:  JSimoneau at lmtcs dot com
 Cc:  jftheroux at privalodc dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPsec tunnels question
 Date:  Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:57:39 -0500
Awesome!

On the remote office side, you configure the 'tunnel' with the 'my
identifier', the static IP of the central office, the remote network and
the local network (among other things).  On the mobile client and
preshared key screens, you just configure the identifier and shared
secrets, but no remote network information...

Does the remote office m0n0wall inform the central office of it's
segment addressing when they negotiate the tunnel?  So, if i have
10.4.0.0/16 as my 'central office' subnet, and 'LAN' as my local subnet
(which for the sake of discussion is at 10.5.1.0/24), will the central
office m0n0wall be able to tunnel all traffic to my end (i.e. will it
know i 'own' 10.5.1.0/24)?  I'm assuming that it's fairly important to
make sure that no remote client has overlapping networks (or at least
none that want to hit the central box at the same time)

Also, if i split my home network into 10.5.1.0/25 for LAN and
10.5.1.128/25 for OPT1, can i just put 10.5.1.0/24 in as a 'network'
definition for the local subnet and have ipsec cover both segments, or
do i need two tunnels?

Thanks!!!!