[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  JSimoneau at lmtcs dot com
 To:  rrich at gstisecurity dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IPsec tunnels question
 Date:  Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:15:50 -0500
The first paragraph sounds correct. On one side you need to do the tunnel
tab, on the other side you need the mobile clients and psk tab. In your
case you'll want the central office to be the mobile clients and psk tabs
since that has the static IP. This is a normal setup, since the central
office "accepts" mobile clients and the remote office "tunnels" into the
central office.

I prefer to select 'domain name' for the identifier and use any old domain
name. You'll need to put the same one in the pre-shared key tab as well.

I don't know if I fully understand your question in the second paragraph,
but if it helps I'll tell you that monowall should out all the routing for
you. You should not need to put in any rules or static routes for the two
private subnets. I've always used /24's on mine, so I can't say how it
handles anything else. Overlapping networks will create issues, although
I've found it can work with reduced funcionality.

I do not have a good answer for your last question.

Good luck,
Josh