[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <hilton at quarkit dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall on a PIX 515
 Date:  Thu, 23 Dec 2004 06:42:17 +1000
Hi Chris,

I have a client with a Cisco PIX 515 sitting in their rack that hasn't
been turned on for the last 18 months at least.  It is easily out of
maintenance now, and the cost to bring it back to current maintenance,
and then to be bothered re-learning the little of IOS I used to know is
simply not worth it.

The next >>obvious<< question is... As Cisco PIX 515 boxen are basically
a PC - Pentium 200, 32 MB RAM, Flash Card and a few NICs - how likely is
it that a m0n0wall image on a different Flash card would be able to boot
and run in a PIX 515?

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                          Phone: +61 (0)7 3344 3889