[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Guhl <pgnews at siconline dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Need to get NetBEUI working over a PPTP tunnel (w2k <-> m0n0wall 1.11)
 Date:  Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:42:57 +0100
The answer was indeed "wins" - and mapping manually. lmhosts is a good
idea too. NetBEUI is not needed (it just screws the whole thing because
it starts doing lookups and has a timeout of around 2 hours :->

I did not yet have the courage to map it as a normal network drive
though. The User only "dials" when he needs to. The rest of the time a
drive mapping to an unreachable fileserver doesn't sound very
desirable... (OK, I have to admit that I am very much a unix guy
therefore I probably have a couple of my Windows problems due to lack of
knowledge ;)

Regards
    Peter