[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian McKerr <brian at mckerrs dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Initial Interfaces
 Date:  Fri, 24 Dec 2004 23:45:36 +1000
Hello all,

I have just setup an old PC for someone with 1.2b3 and was wondering how
I can change the 'default' interfaces from sis0, sis1 to tl0 and fxp0
but there is a catch, the PS2 keyboard port is rooted and I dont have a
USB keyboard around.

I've tried the serial console at 9600 8N1 and got nothing, given that I
dont have a keyboard I dont think I can edit/create a boot.conf either !

I also hexedited the uncompressed image and changed the sis0 entry in
the config.xml to be tl0 .... and it shows up properly on the 'console'
but the mono box is not pingable on 192.1681.1. Am i missing some other
file with more 'ifconfig' options or something ? ( I downloaded the
rootfs.tgz and had a look but couldnt find any.)

Any help appreciated as I'm almost out of ideas and I dont know where
I'll get a USB keyboard on Christmas day !

Cheers,

Brian.