[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Brian McKerr <brian at mckerrs dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Initial Interfaces
 Date:  Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:46:52 -0500
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 23:45:36 +1000, Brian McKerr <brian at mckerrs dot net> wrote:

> I also hexedited the uncompressed image and changed the sis0 entry in
> the config.xml to be tl0 .... and it shows up properly on the 'console'
> but the mono box is not pingable on 192.1681.1. Am i missing some other
> file with more 'ifconfig' options or something ? ( I downloaded the
> rootfs.tgz and had a look but couldnt find any.)

That should be fine.  Since it's showing up properly at the console,
it appears you did it right.  You sure tl is the interface plugged in
for LAN?

Sounds like you're using a hard drive or CF setup.  If you need to get
it going quickly, a CD/floppy setup might be easier to deal with.  The
floppy is FAT, you can edit the config.xml from another box and throw
the floppy back in there.  Then later you can get a USB keyboard and
setup the hard drive.

Or you can put the hard drive in another box and use a FreeBSD live CD
to boot that box and mount and edit the config.xml directly.  I've
done that before and it works.

Full featured FreeBSD live CD (592 MB) - http://freesbie.org  (like
Knoppix, very nice, I'd suggest everyone try it if you haven't)
mini FreeBSD live CD (56 MB) - http://chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/liveinstaller/

-Chris