[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'Omri Baumer'" <omri dot baumer at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on neostation
 Date:  Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:28:10 -0500
Omri Baumer wrote:
> Hello
> I have a neostation embedded PC and am trying to install m0n0wall on
> its diskonchip flash from msystems
> With no luck
> Can someone help me with how to do that?
> I tried getting a flash disk and putting it on the flash and then
> doing a ghost but I cant seem to ghost it
> And other options?

Dose the diskonchip show up as a HD? If so, take a look at:
http://chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/liveinstaller/. The download is
56MB. Chris has built an ISO for a CDRom you can boot FreeBSD
5.3-RELEASE then install m0n0wall. Directions are on the page (he
mentioned he would add to the image, not sure if that has been done
yet...)

This assumes that you have a CDRom in your system (or can hang one
temporarily). The page said that 1.1 and 1.2b2 are on the image. After
you install either one on your system you can use the image from the
m0n0wall site to upgrade to the version you wish to use (1.11 or
1.2b3).

Merry Christmas!

James W. McKeand