[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Omri Baumer <omri dot baumer at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on neostation
 Date:  Sat, 25 Dec 2004 14:11:16 -0500
On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 17:10:39 +0200, Omri Baumer <omri dot baumer at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Hello
> I have a neostation embedded PC and am trying to install m0n0wall on its
> diskonchip flash from msystems
> With no luck
> Can someone help me with how to do that?
> I tried getting a flash disk and putting it on the flash and then doing a
> ghost but I cant seem to ghost it
> And other options?

Just a week ago I was at a client that has several of those
Neostations.  We were wondering if they'd run m0n0wall, or anything
other than the XP Embedded that comes standard.  I didn't look closely
enough at them to see how those disk on chip flash things worked.

They do have a standard SFF IDE (laptop IDE) port on them that you
might be able to use with a SFF IDE to Compact Flash adapter to boot
off of compact flash.  Though those cases are a tight fit as is, so
you might not be able to fit one in there.

But they only have one NIC.  m0n0wall won't work unless you have two
(and a firewall would be pretty pointless with one anyway).  A USB NIC
might be an option, but those are USB 1.x which is not good at all for
networking.

It would be neat if it would work, but I don't think it's a good (or
viable) long term solution.

-Chris