[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Omri Baumer <omri dot baumer at gmail dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on neostation
 Date:  Sat, 25 Dec 2004 22:56:34 +0200
my station is a bit difrent from the one you are talking about then i guess
it has a normal IDE port (am using it for the CD at the moment) and a
PCI witch i put anather NIC on so am trying to burn the image in to
the rom and then ill have my littel embedded PC working as my new

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 14:11:16 -0500, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 17:10:39 +0200, Omri Baumer <omri dot baumer at gmail dot com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> > I have a neostation embedded PC and am trying to install m0n0wall on its
> > diskonchip flash from msystems
> > With no luck
> > Can someone help me with how to do that?
> > I tried getting a flash disk and putting it on the flash and then doing a
> > ghost but I cant seem to ghost it
> > And other options?
> >
> Just a week ago I was at a client that has several of those
> Neostations.  We were wondering if they'd run m0n0wall, or anything
> other than the XP Embedded that comes standard.  I didn't look closely
> enough at them to see how those disk on chip flash things worked.
> They do have a standard SFF IDE (laptop IDE) port on them that you
> might be able to use with a SFF IDE to Compact Flash adapter to boot
> off of compact flash.  Though those cases are a tight fit as is, so
> you might not be able to fit one in there.
> But they only have one NIC.  m0n0wall won't work unless you have two
> (and a firewall would be pretty pointless with one anyway).  A USB NIC
> might be an option, but those are USB 1.x which is not good at all for
> networking.
> It would be neat if it would work, but I don't think it's a good (or
> viable) long term solution.
> -Chris

this mail is being sent from Omri's Gmail accunt
omri's a member of the Gmail beta program