[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Reply-to of this list pisses me off!
 Date:  Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:36:43 +0100
On 21.12.2004 20:11 +0100, Henning Wangerin wrote:

> When I want to help someone, I also want to help everybody else on
> the list. Why make that so dammed diffecult?

Consider using another MUA if it's so difficult with your current one.

> The same if somebody answers my mails, and I get a direct reply + a
> list-reply, that's irritating in my opinion.
>
> What is the reason that it has been set up that way?

To keep people from accidentally sending something inappropriate to
984 other people all over the world, and in general to make people
think before they hit the "Send" button.

> All other mailing-lists I attend sends replies back to the list, so
> everybody per default benefits of the discussion.

All other mailing lists I'm subscribed to don't.

<http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=97&actionargs[]=22>
<http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=0&actionargs[]=92>

- Manuel