[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Keith Redfield" <kredfield at airsurfwireless dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive Portal issue
 Date:  Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:08:21 -0800
Hi Folks,

Running 1.11 on a junker PC and 2 enet interfaces (different vendors, but both seem OK). I have a
captive portal configured on the LAN interface.

I was having a problem where the captive portal web page was not being displayed if I tried to
connect using a DNS name. If I tried a random IP address, it worked fine. I traced this to the fact
that I had static DNS configured on my windoze client. Is that expected behaviour? I guess assuming
that DHCP is correctly configured on the client is reasonable, so mainly posting this so others
might diagnose faster :)

Otherwise, it's brilliant!

Thanks,

-Keith