[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Dave Warren" <MailList at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  "Dinesh Nair" <dinesh at alphaque dot com>, "Keith Redfield" <kredfield at airsurfwireless dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal issue
 Date:  Mon, 27 Dec 2004 02:21:30 -0700
> the problem is not static DNS per se, but rather that the static DNS
> server
> was not allowed access to the client in question. there're two ways to
> solve this, either use the m0n0wall as the DNS server or to use the
> Allowed
> IP list to add the DNS server.

I don't suppose there would be any way to create a specific set of
firewall rules to apply to unauthenticated portal clients, is there? --
I'd like to allow output UDP traffic on port 53 to a number of IPs, but
I'd rather not allow all traffic to those specific IPs.

Sorry, she meant to say "stripped naked and thrown out an airlock"
I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
 -- John Sheridan, B5