[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dave Warren" <MailList at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  "Dinesh Nair" <dinesh at alphaque dot com>, "Keith Redfield" <kredfield at airsurfwireless dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal issue
 Date:  Mon, 27 Dec 2004 02:21:30 -0700
> the problem is not static DNS per se, but rather that the static DNS
> server
> was not allowed access to the client in question. there're two ways to
> solve this, either use the m0n0wall as the DNS server or to use the
> Allowed
> IP list to add the DNS server.

I don't suppose there would be any way to create a specific set of
firewall rules to apply to unauthenticated portal clients, is there? --
I'd like to allow output UDP traffic on port 53 to a number of IPs, but
I'd rather not allow all traffic to those specific IPs.

--
Sorry, she meant to say "stripped naked and thrown out an airlock"
I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused.