[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  2 dot 01 at free dot fr
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problem seeing my domain from inside
 Date:  Mon, 27 Dec 2004 11:23:36 +0100
Hi,

I've installed m0n0wall on my brand new Soekris.
Everything works fine except my domain name.

My configuration is :
- WAN : 81.xxx
- DMZ: 172.16.20.0/24
- LAN : 172.16.10.0/24

My DNS is on 172.16.20.4 (for my domain name mydomain.net)
My Apache is on 176.16.20.3

From the outside, no problem, my domainname bring me to my website
(www.mydomain.net).
From the inside, my domainname doesn't work as my browser can't reach my public
IP (www.mydomain.net is translated as my public IP, which isn't reachable from
the inside).

If I add a link to subsite.mydomain.net, it doesn't work, neither from the
outside nor from the inside of my network. I think that Apache try to localy
resolve subsite.mydomain.net which gives my public ip... and fail because it
can't reach it... :(

Can someone help me ?