[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to Display the traffic graph directly?
 Date:  Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:23:17 -0500
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:01:25 +0100, Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu> wrote:
> Since it would appear that m0n0wall does not use the type of
> form-method that allow you to compose a suitable URL with the userid
> and password embedded, I am at a loss about how to achieve this?

Actually it does work doing that.  I'm guessing you're using IE, which
doesn't do that anymore because MS removed it since most users are too
dumb to realize
http://mybank.com/blahblahblah/blahblah/blah at 1337haxor dot com doesn't
really go to mybank.com...  (typically throw in a whole lot more
before that @, and you have a highly successful phishing scheme)

http[s]://username:password@m0n0ip/ will still work in Firefox.  As
for what to do to get around this lovely IE 'feature', I don't know.