 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to Display the traffic graph directly?
 Date:  Mon, 27 Dec 2004 19:46:19 +0100
On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 18:23, Chris Buechler wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:01:25 +0100, Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu> wrote:
> >
> > Since it would appear that m0n0wall does not use the type of
> > form-method that allow you to compose a suitable URL with the userid
> > and password embedded, I am at a loss about how to achieve this?
> >

> Actually it does work doing that.  I'm guessing you're using IE, which
> doesn't do that anymore because MS removed it since most users are too
> dumb to realize
> http://mybank.com/blahblahblah/blahblah/blah at 1337haxor dot com doesn't
> really go to mybank.com...  (typically throw in a whole lot more
> before that @, and you have a highly successful phishing scheme)
>
> http[s]://username:password@m0n0ip/ will still work in Firefox.  As
> for what to do to get around this lovely IE 'feature', I don't know.

Is there another webserver available? If so, you can write a script that
fetches the data you want, and insert the results/data into your own
page.

I'm doing just that on a number of sites.

Actually I just setup a script to fetch then "/" of my monowall. The
page can be seen on http://wangerin.linux.dk/m0n0wall.php.

The php-code for generating that is simple:

> <?php

> $menu   = "2.2 m0n0wall information";
> $logfile = @file("https://XXXX:YYYY@mono_ip/");
>

> $body=join ("",$logfile);
>

> include (".template.php");
> ?>

The template builds the main frame, and inserts $body the right place - that's all.

Could also be do as
> <?php
> echo join("",@file("https://XXXX:YYYY@mono_ip/"));
> ?>

Then nothing would be added to or modified in the output of monowall