I also have a FTP where you can upload the image or you can just send it to
But once I get your image
How do I install it?
And did you use that driver m-system supplys?
From: Gerrit [mailto:root at ish dot de]
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2004 8:43 PM
To: 'Omri Baumer'
Cc: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Subject: RE: m0n0wall on neostation
First, it is possible to run M0n0wall on a DiskOnchip. But it is only
possible for the current M0n0wall Version, based on FreeBSD 4.x. There is no
support for DiskOnChip in FreeBSD 5.3. But I've build an Image from the
current Generic PC Beta, especially made for DiskOnChip Support.
I don't have Web space, where I could upload the Image, but there's no
problem to send it to you on other ways.
If you want to run M0n0wall on a DiskOnChip Device, you have a really nice
Work to do.
1. At First you have to setup a FreeBSD 4.10 development System.
2. Then you have to add some Parameters to the Kernel conf File.
device fla0 at isa?
3. After that you have to apply the M0n0 Kernel Patches for the 4.10 to the
FreeBSD Source Tree and recompile the Kernel.
4. The Next Step is to add the FLA Device entries to /dev/. You have to
build the Devices on the Development System and copy it to the M0n0wall
mknod /dev/fla0a c 102 0
mknod /dev/fla0c c 102 2
5. To make future updates possible, you have to edit /etc/firmware.rc. In
the Line containing command for the Firmware upload to the device, you have
to edit the device entry.
/usr/bin/gunzip -S "" -c $2 | dd=/dev/dev/fla0c bsQ2 > /dev/null 2>&1
6. As the last step, you have to repack the M0n0wall Image and copy it to
the Box where you want to run M0n0wall.
I hope this short Documentation is useful to setup your Box.