[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan Catlin" <bryancatlin at connectgroup dot net>
 To:  "Dave Warren" <MailList at devilsplayground dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal issue
 Date:  Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:52:19 -0500
I use the captive portal for our wireless operation.  We do not use the Unit
as an AP but the LAN ports to govern the other APs coming into a switch and
we set the DNS servers on the wan side to our outside servers and let the
Monowall do the DNS relay on the LAN side and it works very nicely for us.
The customers can get on the net and to the signup pages and to internal
portal stuff but not to the Internet.

It works so well in fact we finally decided on using the Wrap boards and are
installing them at all the places we have pay per use APs so we can give
custom signup screens and track the usage and signups to give commissions to
the locations.  This way each location has it's own DHCP, DNS And signon
screen, even if the backend connection is down.

We are also hoping to get some kind of SNMP status page soon to tell if the
backend (WAN) connection is up.  Hint Hint developers.  We are working on it
and hope to get it soon.

Best Regards,

Bryan Catlin
Operations Manager