[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Zadikem, Travis-taz" <tzadikem at picosecond dot com>
 To:  "Monowall \(E-mail\)" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Correct setup for a firewall and 2 mail servers....HELP, please!
 Date:  Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:44:56 -0700
About 12/9/04 I sent an email to the list about a help with a dual mail server setup. I am not able
to get it
to work correctly and believe the original person who setup the firewall had a misunderstanding.  As
it appears
right now, the WAN address on the firewall is 64.207.38.2.  There is a rule that forwards anything
from 64.207.38.2 (port 25)
to an internal machine at 192.168.1.55.  I am trying to setup a new email server that will replace
the old one.
Can someone please enlighten me as to what the correct setup and an example DNS entry would look
like.  I believe
I really need 3 WAN addresses.  1 for the firewall, 1 for mail server A and 1 for mail server B, but
am not sure.

Thanks,

Travis