[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <lists at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  "Lars K. Walsh" <domspatz at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Logon to Windows Domain over OVPN?
 Date:  Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:05:16 +0000
> I have an established OVPN connection from my workstation to the
> m0n0wall that serves as a gateway for a company network. I can ping
> all computers and can connect to the Mail and HTTP Server, but have
> not managed to do anything else...

Congratulations - which version of m0n0 are you running?

> Question:
> 1) can I logon to the company domain over OVPN?

Yes - this is not an OVPN issue, but down to how you set up your domain.  If
you are running with an NTLM domain, then the easiest is to use WINS to
register your address and find the PDC.

> 2) how do I see folders/files?

Network neighborhood works using broadcasts that are not carried over the OVPN
tunnel unless you are using a bridged tap interface (not recommended).  Just
set up a network share as normal and specify the IP address of the server
using a UNC path (eg. \\192.168.1.20\).  If you use WINS, then you can
specify a UNC path using the server name as usual.

Peter

believed to be clean.