[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Johan Roeloffse <johan at risc dot co dot za>
 To:  "Zadikem, Travis-taz" <tzadikem at picosecond dot com>
 Cc:  "Monowall (E-mail)" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Correct setup for a firewall and 2 mail servers....HELP, please!
 Date:  Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:50:31 +0200
Evening Travis

The DNS database contains an MX(Mail Exchange) entry that forwards all
email for your domain web.picosecond.com to 64.207.38.2. Your internal
network (192.168.1.x) is shielded from the Internet by the firewall, all
mail messages are forwarded to the firewall and the firewall intern
forward it to the internal mail server (192.168.1.55). If you are
setting up a new mail server with an different IP address as the
original mail server you should have a problem. The rule on the firewall
only allows for mail to be forwarded to 192.168.1.55, edit the rule on
the firewall to reflect the ip address of the new mail server.

Only if you place the 2 mail-servers directly on the Internet (in front
of the firewall) would you need 2 extra addresses.

Regards

Zadikem, Travis-taz wrote:

>About 12/9/04 I sent an email to the list about a help with a dual mail server setup. I am not able
to get it
>to work correctly and believe the original person who setup the firewall had a misunderstanding.
As it appears