[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michal <michal at vracov dash private dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] network drivers
 Date:  Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:41:00 +0100
Hello,
thank you for your answer.

About RealTek being junk cards, I must say that all of my 100Mbit
network is based on 8139 cards and they have been working for years like
a charm. I  have one single 1Gb connection which is between my internal
router and a file server. This server is used by most of the clients in
my network and so it is busy 99% of the time (both router and server
currently running Debian). This link has been up for about three months
and has not had any single problem so far.
I'm not trying to say that you are wrong about the cards, I just have
not had a reason to replace any of them so far.

I read somewhere on the monowall site, that the firewall is going to be
based on 5.x branch of fbsd, do you know if there has been some progress
in porting it?

I would like to keep my current hardware setup, as it just works, and
for now to avoid replacing any of it (if possible).

Thank you,
Michal.