[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Keith Redfield" <kredfield at airsurfwireless dot com>
 To:  "David Courtney" <blixel at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Fwd: Wireless problems
 Date:  Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:41:20 -0800
Hi David,

This is a bit of a stab in the dark since I'm fundamentally clueless, but it sure looks like a
driver-level issue. Are you doing dynamic WEP (i.e. 802.1x, PSK, etc) by any chance? A lot of cards
freak (reset) when the wep key changes (well-known *nix driver issue). I think Madwifi (Atheros)
handles it well, but I don't know how far along others are or how up-to-date the bundled versions in
Mono are. If you are using D-wep, then setting up a clear SSID to test on would tell.

Just a thought.

-Keith