[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Jar <jar at pcuf dot fi>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless Lan Card for Monowall WLAN Mini-PCIToshiba
 Date:  Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:12:38 +0100
On 29.12.2004 15:25 +0200, Jar wrote:

> Hostap works under Linux just fine (two years experience now). I
> only wait if it will work fine also in monowall/FreeBSD.

Well, I wished that would be true for me as well, but I never got it
to work reliably on a net4801 with Senao 2511 mini PCI cards. Always
the same problem: lockups when transferring a few megabytes at once.
When it did work, performance was not very exciting. Kernel 2.6.9,
hostap 0.2.5 (in hostap mode). Various PRISM firmware versions. Even
tried WISP-Dist to make sure it wasn't just my Linux installation,
and tried the same on a net4501 and with different power supplies
too. Three different SL-2511MP, different client NICs. On the bright
side, WPA did work with Linux though. ;)

- Manuel