[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] BTX Halted
 Date:  Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:30:58 -0500
Matt Blesi wrote:
> I had this problem on some old Dell's. I tried the hard drive image
> and everything worked great. Anyone have any idea why the hard drive
> image would work when the CD image would not?

Just a shot in the dark, but some really old CDROM drives do not like
some CDR media. This can be compounded by the "pre boot-from-CD BIOS"
issue that Keith mentioned. The HD image may be the only way to go.
Pull the HD out of the Packard Hell - mount it in another system image
the HD and replace in PB.

I don't know if I would trust a Packard Bell PC. I remember when my
sister bought one - she called support on day one - HD was DOA (Dead
on Arrival).

James W. McKeand