[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Jar" <jar at pcuf dot fi>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless Lan Card for Monowall WLANMini-PCIToshiba
 Date:  Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:37:53 +0200 (EET)
> Well, I wished that would be true for me as well, but I never got it
> to work reliably on a net4801 with Senao 2511 mini PCI cards. Always
> the same problem: lockups when transferring a few megabytes at once.
> When it did work, performance was not very exciting. Kernel 2.6.9,
> hostap 0.2.5 (in hostap mode). Various PRISM firmware versions. Even
> tried WISP-Dist to make sure it wasn't just my Linux installation,
> and tried the same on a net4501 and with different power supplies
> too. Three different SL-2511MP, different client NICs. On the bright
> side, WPA did work with Linux though. ;)

OK. I have always used ordinary pc hardware (P90...P166) and 1.5.6 or 1.7.4
prism2/2.5 firmware (no lockups). Some performance issues with centrino and orinoco
cards. But I think that was caused by the hardware prism2/centrino, prism2/hermes1
not the hostap driver. Same kind of problems can be with commercial APs also.

Hostap mailing list you can found many success stories with hostap and WPA.

Best Regards, Jar