[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jar" <jar at pcuf dot fi>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless Lan Card for Monowall WLANMini-PCIToshiba
 Date:  Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:37:53 +0200 (EET)
> Well, I wished that would be true for me as well, but I never got it
> to work reliably on a net4801 with Senao 2511 mini PCI cards. Always
> the same problem: lockups when transferring a few megabytes at once.
> When it did work, performance was not very exciting. Kernel 2.6.9,
> hostap 0.2.5 (in hostap mode). Various PRISM firmware versions. Even
> tried WISP-Dist to make sure it wasn't just my Linux installation,
> and tried the same on a net4501 and with different power supplies
> too. Three different SL-2511MP, different client NICs. On the bright
> side, WPA did work with Linux though. ;)

OK. I have always used ordinary pc hardware (P90...P166) and 1.5.6 or 1.7.4
prism2/2.5 firmware (no lockups). Some performance issues with centrino and orinoco
cards. But I think that was caused by the hardware prism2/centrino, prism2/hermes1
not the hostap driver. Same kind of problems can be with commercial APs also.

Hostap mailing list you can found many success stories with hostap and WPA.

--
Best Regards, Jar