[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <list at ebs dot net dot pk>
 To:  Chuck Munro <chuckm at seafoam dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Booting from CF-USB
 Date:  Sat, 01 Jan 2005 12:36:44 +0500

.

> I'm currently running m0n0wall using a CDROM+Floppy combination, and it
> performs wonderfully well, but I'd like to begin using a CF card in
> order to eliminate as many moving parts as possible.

.
.
> I get the Fatal Error message which states "The device that contains the
> config file (config.xml) could not be found."
>
> My gut tells me it may be related to the similar situation in which
> CF-IDE converters need the BIOS set for specific CHS values, but in this
> case it's not possible to specify with a USB adapter in the BIOS menu.

USB to CF connectors are very iffy with m0n0. I tried to get this to
work. Spent about 10 days on it and finally gave up. Just got a batch of
CF-to-IDE connectors  last night and they seem to be fine.

sai

PS The batch came in from China and cost about $7 each (inc shipping +
customs duty). They seem to retail for $20, but I couldn't find any
locally.