[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jens Ekelund <jens underscore ekelund at home dot se>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] identd
 Date:  Sun, 02 Jan 2005 02:21:13 +0100
Dave Warren skrev:

    Ident should work (it does here), you just need port 113/TCP (UDP won't
    hurt, but it's not required) -- However, you can only point identd
    to one machine at a time.
    *Thats the thing I Do, it's One machine running the bouncers*

    Some IRC clients with internal ident daemons will only listen when they
    are establishing an IRC connection, and will only respond if the server
    provides a valid port combination. This is fine for one machine, but if
    both machines behind the same NAT'd firewall need to have identds,
    you'll need to turn off this feature in your IRC client, or install
    your
    own IDENTD server.
    *On the Bouncer-server I have Oidentd Installed, and as i said it
    worked earlier (not behind the fw)*

    All that being said, get it working from the machine where you point
    the
    NAT'd port 113 first, then try to get it working from the second
    machine.

    Also, check to make sure you created a firewall rule to allow the
    traffic as well as a NAT rule to direct the traffic.
    *Done that, I am running the 1.11 version,
    Thanks for the answers, but sadly it still don't work, Know at least
    one more person with the same problem.*