 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] multiple WAN links
 Date:  Mon, 03 Jan 2005 09:10:31 +0100
On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 01:50, Dave Warren wrote:
> Michal wrote:
>
> >Hello list,
> >I read in the FAQ or somewhere that the firewall is not able to do load
> >balancing. However, I want to ask if there is a possibility to use more
> >internet links and to direct specific data (based on some rules) through
> >a chosen link.
> >
> Short answer, not at this time.  Sorry :|

Well depending on what rules you mean it would be possibile. If the
"rules" is simply be static routing, it's possible. If you mean to do it
on port-level it's not possible.

In a way I'm doing that on my LAN (see graph on
http://wangerin.linux.dk) I have a monowall setup as my internet
gateway, and a server connected to both WAN(pppoe) and LAN.

When I try go go thru the monowall to the external IP of the server, it
is routed via the LAN to the server, thous not loading the WAN
connection.

What would also be possible using a separate interface/route/ISP