[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 3rd LAN Port and other questiones
 Date:  Mon, 3 Jan 2005 14:39:48 -0500 (EST)
Nico Lindner said:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the list and just got my WRAP .1D
> hoping not to ask questions that were already
> discussed i'm coming to my questiones right away ...
>
> 1st
> It has 3 LAN Ports, but m0n0wall only sees 2 of them (LAN/WAN),
> I read that the 3rd usually appears as opt1, but I can't find it,
> so how can I get access to this port?

On the navigation menu, there is a section for
Interfaces, listing WAN and LAN.  Next to the title "Interfaces"
is a link called "Assign".  This should help you.

(Question: Would it be useful to have something like a ? symbol
to bring up a pop-up window for context-sensitive help?
Or would that become Bloating?

> 2nd
> I got the Unex MiniPCI 54mbit card with it and the box says that
> no supported WLAN card was found, so is this card really not
> supported, because I read that PRISM 2, 2.5 and 3 cars are supported,
> so what?

I think the answer on this list has been, wait.
Someday, m0n0wall will run on a newer kernel that
will support newer hardware.

I am also looking forward to it.

Good luck
Seth