[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael" <admin at ntworks dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  magic shaper overprioritizes?
 Date:  Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:51:00 -0600
I enabled the traffic shaper and the default magic shaper rules.  I noticed
when downloading multiple files via http, that the first download gets what
seems like 95% of the priority and downloads at 350kb/sec while other
concurrent (but started later) downloads are puttering along, varying speeds
at like 10-20kb/sec and occasionally pausing.

When the first one finishes, the next one kicks off at great speeds.

Before enabling the shaper, the multiple downloads would balance out the
bandwidth a bit more.

Maybe I'm crazy?  Anyone else see this kind of thing or how I might remedy
it.