[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  taharka <res00vl8 at alltel dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SVG 3.01_beta3 & firefox 1.0 - labels missing
 Date:  Tue, 04 Jan 2005 11:16:58 -0500
Jesse Guardiani wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm using adobe SVG 3.01_beta3 with firefox 1.0 or mozilla
>1.7.5 on Gentoo Linux and the numeric labels on the m0n0wall
>graph are missing. The graph itself shows up fine and works,
>but I have no idea how many K/bytes, bits, M/Bytes, etc...
>the graph is representing because no labels are visible.
>
>Does anyone have a workaround for this under Linux? IE
>on a Win32 machine, of course, works fine...

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html#SVG gives these installation
instructions. Note, Firefox 1.0/Mozilla 1.7.5 are not listed as
supported :-(

Adobe SVG Viewer
Version: 3.01 Beta (Build 88)
Netscape 7.1: Supported
Mozilla 1.4: Supported
Firefox 0.8: Supported

   1. Close any applications using any version of Adobe SVG Viewer.
   2. As root, extract the contents of the installation package and run the
      script adobesvg-3.01/install.sh. Adobe recommends that you extract
the files
      in /usr/local, although other locations may work.
   3. Copy libNPSVG3.so to your Mozilla plugins directory.

Important! All older versions of the Adobe SVG Viewer plugin are
completely unsupported. In addition, please read the Known Issues
section of the README before installing.
Important! It has been reported that if the LC_NUMERIC variable is not
set to en_EN, that this plugin may not work correctly.

If you have followed the above instructions but, SVG is not working
properly, you may want to check out the thread at:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=188053&sid=6c83cf1a3b95d4bfc6b3aa4428f65189
& post your issue to it.

Have a nice day!!

taharka